If you have decided to learn yoga, you have actually decided to do a hell lot of good to yourself! Congratulations! I am really happy with your decision and spirit. You must be aware of some goodness of the yoga. It has been practiced ritually in our India a since the ancient times. And there are innumerable records of only good, that yoga can do. There several types of yogas or asanas based on postures and breathing. If you are beginning for the first time then you should be starting with the simple exercises that will help you to gain flexibility and gain confidence.
But before you start doing your asanas, you need to learn the yoga techniques for beginners. They are the simple yoga steps for beginners. All you have to do is follow the basic instructions and prepare your mind to hold on to the focus and the determination.
Here are some best of yoga at home for beginners
The Tree Pose
- You need to stand in the right posture first.
- Keep your legs apart parallel with your hips distance.
- Lift up your right leg, and shift the weight of your body to the left leg.
- At the same time, bend your right leg from the knee your and place your right foot against the inner thigh of your left leg.
- If it is difficult to place your foot against the inner thigh, then you can place your foot against the lower knee level or the calf muscle, to begin with.
- In this position the right knee will be pointing outwards.
- Then lift both your arms above your head and join the palms in a ‘namaste’ posture.
- Try to keep the elbow as straight as possible,
- Remain in this position for 1 min and change the legs and do the yoga with the alternate leg.
Circle Your Waist
- First you need to stand in the right position.
- Bring both your feet together in a joined posture and place your hands at the lower back.
- Then circle your hips for 30 times in the clockwise direction.
- Start to circle your hips for another 30 times in the anti clock wise direction.
- Keep your mind relaxed.
- It is important to take deep regular breaths as you are doing the practice.
- This yoga techniques for beginners is excellent for your lower hips and pelvic region.
- First you need to sit on the floor with your legs folded and crossed.
- Now, fold your left knee and place it under your right thigh.
- Do the same with your right knee as well.
- Then place both your palms on both your knees and keep your spine straight.
- Look straight ahead and do not bend your elbow.
- Remain in this position for 10 min.
- Try to keep your mind calm.
- This is one of the best yoga at home for beginners.
Rest Like A Child
- This just another simple yoga steps for beginners.
- You need to be in the right posture first.
- Sit on your mat in a kneeling position and bend forward until your front torso is parallely touching your thighs.
- Bend forward so that your head can touch the mat.
- Stretch your arms forward and join your palms together.
- Make sure the whole length of your arms is resting on the mat.
- Remain in this position for 5 min and repeat again.
- This is one of the easy and very effective yoga at home for beginners .
- This asana is also called the cobra pose.
- For this asana you need to lie on the ground with your stomach and your fore head touching the ground.
- Fold your elbows and place your palm down on the floor, and keep them close to your shoulders.
- Stretch your legs tight and straight without bending your knees, in such a way that your feet are pressed against the ground.
- Now gradually raise the upper portion of your body in a convex manner so that your spine is bent outward.
- Keep the pressure of your body on your arms.
- Breathe deeply and slowly.
- Stay for 2 min and come back to your normal position.
- Repeat this yoga thrice.
The Easy Arm Swing
- This exercise is a good yoga techniques for beginners to help to keep your arms and shoulders flexible.
- Stand in a upright position and bend from your hips to a forty five degree angle.
- Keep your right leg forward.
- Now make rotating movement in circles, with your right hand.
- Repeat the same with your left arm, while you keep your left leg forward.
- Make the circling motion for 2 min each time.
- Repeat for 4 times alternatively.
These are the best and the simple yoga steps for beginners, which you can try out. Make sure to fix a certain time in the morning and take enough rest after the asanas and the exercises are over.
It is important to stay healthy and fit, and the yoga is definite the right path to follow. Stay fit and keep smiling.