To many of us, meditation means a prayer. But in general, meditation is much higher than a mere prayer. It is a complete transformation of the mind. A proper meditation helps you to develop emotional positivity, develop concentration and helps us to perceive and understand the true meaning of the nature of things. If you ask me, what are the benefits of meditating; I guarantee you some hundreds of effects of meditation. There is nothing like the spirituality and the calmness of mind that is attained through meditation.
How to meditate properly? There are simple meditation exercises which will help you how to clear your mind for meditation and take you to a higher level of understanding, perception and spirituality. There are many benefits of meditation like improvement in mental, physical and emotional conditions of any being. Here are the best tips to guide you to a peaceful and serene state of mind.
Physical Improvement Through Meditation
There are innumerable meditation benefits for health that can be gained physically. Practice of proper meditation can –
- Enhances the immune system, thereby improving your health.
- Benefits of mindfulness meditation also lower the high blood pressure level.
- What is meditation good for? It decreases the respiratory rate.
- What are the benefits of meditating? It improves the blood circulation and increase the blood flow.
- Good Meditation slows the heart rate and keeps it normal.
- It accelerates post operative healing properly.
- Proper meditation decreases the headaches and the muscular tension of the body.
These are certain effects of meditation on health. When you start to follow the proper way to meditate, you heal in every aspect and also you automatically start to enjoy life and attain peace in life.
Mental Healing Through Meditation
- For complete relaxation meditation serves you the best. Meditation affects the brain and the mind and helps you to perceive the inner beauty of life and everything around you. It is very crucial to realize the importance of yoga and meditation in students life to stay focused and achieve your goals.
- It makes you feel fresh and vibrant.
- What are the benefits of meditating? If you follow a proper meditation guide under your Guru, it can bring about emotional stability and decreases anxiety.
- Proper mental meditation helps to improve the creative instinct in you and helps to develop your power of intuition.
- It gives you an energetic boost and makes you feel happy and peaceful.
- When your consciousness reaches a higher level, you automatically attain a clearer vision of mind.
- When you gain clarity of mind, your problems becomes smaller.
- Petty feelings like, anger, frustrations, jealousy occurs when your mind is not set free and does not reach the higher level of expansion.
Enhances Emotional Stability And Increases Creativity
- Meditation a can act a cleanser, wiping out the vices and the malice and leaving your mind all the more cleaner.
- Meditation nourishes the inner sensitivities in you and help you combat emotional shutdown and instability.
- Meditation opens your mind to the infinite vastness and calmness which helps be at your best creative mind.
- The harmony of your mind synchronizes with harmony of the universe which lifts your soul to a higher level of creative consciousness.
- Meditation helps you rediscover yourself.
- Spiritual meditation increases the compassion in you.
- It helps you attain pure form of happiness and complete peace of mind
- Proper spiritual meditation makes you a wise and intellectual being.
- You can attain a deeper level of spiritual relaxation
- It increases your level of acceptance and tolerance.
- Spirituality can make you connect to the existence of God and the universe.
- The right spiritualism helps you gain inner directedness.
- You learn to let go ego – the greatest destructor of humanity.
- Gives the feeling of “oneness”.
- It is important for you to realize and be aware of each moment you are living in – spiritual mediation helps you to beware of t your existence and every other being around you.
There are four ways to meditate to relieve stress, to help you meditate in the right procedure and help you know the advantages of meditation-
- While thinking of easy meditation techniques, consider these steps.
- First, you need to pick your mantra based on the themes like “serenity” “relaxation” or “peace”.
- You need to choose a manta where you can chant the words “ohm” or “so-hum”.
- You need to repeatedly chant the mantra silently in a row.
- The chanting of the mantra helps you to calm down and slower the rate of your heartbeat, thereby giving a sense of calmness and spirituality.
- This procedure of attainting meditation is also known as Vipassana. It is an insight meditation of mindfulness practice focusing on awareness of all kinds of sounds around us, physical sensations and our own breath,
- You need to sit in a alert, upright posture.
- Calm yourself down and take very slow breaths. You should be conscious of your own breath. Every time you inhale and exhale, you should become aware of every breath.
- This exercise will help you cope with sufferings of life and help you attain enlightenment.
- It is important to go for a slow and brisk walk as it is effective meditation.
- Slow but mindful walking can be one of the profound meditation techniques for beginners’ mind and body.
- Choose a path which is flat and small.
- Before you start walking on this path, you need to be aware of every existence around you.
- Feel the touch of the earth under your feet. Beware of the clothes you are wearing and the breeze around you and enjoy every bit.
- Be conscious of the existence of the celestial bodies around you.
- As you start walking, with every slow step, let the whole existence around you synchronize with your energy and merge with your mind.
- Walking makes you aware and alert yet be in a meditative state of calmness.
- Choose a comfortable place and a position to sit.
- Relax and make yourself comfortable,
- Now close your eyes and visualize a natural scene that derives utmost serenity.
- It can be a serene sea beach or a divine sunrise in the mountain hills.
- It can be any object that brings you inner peace and you can relate to.
- Connect your vision with all your six senses of sight, sound, smell, touch and even taste.
- You will merge with the eternity with your senses.
- When you achieve this state of mind, you will derive immense inner peace and spiritualism that is going to set your soul free.
Hopefully, with these meditation tips, you get the answer of your question, “What are the benefits of meditating?” Meditation makes a bridge between your mind, body and soul and helps you to have a positive outlook towards life.